For those of you who had gone through the widgets/ directory in MeTA Studio, you will already have an idea of how to create your own widgets. I give a small description using RKs, Flakes Widget (http://chem.unipune.ernet.in/~tcg/codes/flakes.bsh)
1. Each Widget should have a unique file and function name in a given MeTA Studio installation. In this case it is flakes.bsh and the function name is flakes().
2. The first thing done by the widgets function is to get a shared instance of widgets panel:
panel = getWidgetsPanel();
3. Next a widget is created with a unique string identifier for the widget:
flakes = widget("flakesWidget");
4. Now "flakes" is a panel (just like javax.swing.JPanel) to with components can be added.
5. At the end give a call to :
is made to finally add the widget to the panel.
6. Finally at the end of this file you give a call to the flakes function:
and well here are some cool screen shots taken directly RK's page:
and Plane angles:
Note: There will not be any updates to MeTA Studio in coming 2 weeks ...